The Assistant to the Mission Advancement Office reports to the Director. The Assistant assists in facilitating the operation of the Mission Advancement Office and the implementation of its goals by assisting the Director and assuming daily tasks in the Mission Advancement Office in the absence of the Director as well as participates in all fund raising programs and special events. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist the Director with planning, organizing and overseeing Mission Advancement office programs
• Manage database, which includes but is not limited to updating codes, corrections, and additions as discussed with the Director
• Works with the Director on the segmentation of the data file for direct mail programs
• Prepares financial reports for the Director as requested
• Process donations and acknowledgements
• To be responsible for reconciliation with Finance Office which ensures donations are properly reflected and processed
• To have a working knowledge of operating and maintaining any office equipment and to assure supplies are properly maintained
• Maintains the inventory of Prayer Association cards assuring the supply meets the needs of fulfillment of card orders as well as processing prayer requests to appropriate Sisters’ retirement facility
• Provide information and assistance to donors contacting the Mission Advancement Office through phone calls or emails
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director of Mission Advancement or other members of the Leadership Team.
Skills to include: • Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office Suite • Mail merge functions • Excellent oral and written communication skills • High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information • Ability to use time efficiently; organize work effectively and meet required deadlines • Excellent planning and organizational skills
About Sisters of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
The Sisters of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary is a Roman Catholic religious congregation of women. We carry out our mission of love and service through our many ministries with God’s people, especially poor women and children.