Trinity Missions® is the fundraising arm of the Missionary Servants of the Most Holy Trinity, a Catholic Congregation of missionary priests and brothers serving poor communities in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica and Honduras. Our office is located on New Hampshire Avenue in Silver Spring, Maryland. We are seeking a hard-working, qualified candidate for the Planned Giving Administrator position to be responsible for administering all aspects of the planned giving effort, including donor cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of planned gifts. If you want to work with people who believe in the mission and value good stewardship, teamwork, continual learning and mutual respect for one another and our donors, you will be a good fit!
Hours and Availability: Full-time M-F (30-40 hours a week, depending on applicant's needs); limited telecommuting may be arranged. Weekend or evening work and travel may be required on occasion.
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Nicole Skinner at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in successful fundraising and/or project management -- including managing a project from start to finish, meeting goals and deadlines and working within budget.
2. Demonstrated understanding of planned giving vehicles and a working knowledge of tax and gift implications of same, or a willingness and capacity to acquire this knowledge quickly.
3.Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to requests from donors, attorneys, financial advisors and staff.
4. Self-starter with exceptional organizational, writing and research skills; meticulous attention to detail.
5. A goal-oriented focus and strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
6. Proficiency working with complex spreadsheet applications, word processing programs and relational fundraising software; experience with Google Apps and/or GiftWrap software is a plus. Basic understanding of Boolean query logic is a plus.
7. Knowledge of and adherence to generally accepted fundraising policies, standards and values, and the AFP Code of Ethics.
8. Practicing Catholic in good standing is preferred, but must at least be open to learning about the Catholic faith in order to represent Trinity Missions with donors and other members of the public.
1. Creates short and long-term plans, aligned with institutional goals, to develop and implement Trinity Missions' comprehensive gift planning program, including: Legacy Society, bequests, charitable annuities, trusts, life insurance, gifts of stocks and/or bonds, and other planned giving vehicles.
2. Develops and administers program budget and fundraising and donor stewardship goals.
3. Develops and manages strong relationships with current and prospective planned giving donors through regular communication by mail, telephone and email; identifies planned giving donors to include in Director of Mission Advancement visits and donor events.
4. Administers the Legacy Society; manages and stewards relationships with donors in this program.
5. Works closely with outside agency managing Charitable Gift Annuities; manages and stewards relationships with donors in this program.
6. Develops and implements marketing strategies for planned giving; creates or oversees creation of planned giving promotional materials and mailings, both print and digital; writes creative copy or edits purchased copy.
7. Administers bequest program: monitors the probate and estate liquidation process, including preparation of all acknowledgements and other needed documentation and, when necessary, interaction with estate attorneys, personal representatives and banks.
8. Develops and implements planned giving stewardship and recognition programs, including donor events, in collaboration with the EDD.
9. Creates reports from database as needed and prepares other reports for internal and external review.
10. Works cooperatively with other departments to attain organizational goals and educates staff about the importance of planned giving within the context of our integrated fundraising efforts.
11. Provides input regarding strategic direction and policy recommendations related to Planned Giving.
Trinity Missions® is the fundraising arm of the Missionary Servants of the Most Holy Trinity, a Catholic Congregation of missionary priests and brothers serving poor communities in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica and Honduras. Our office is located on New Hampshire Avenue in Silver Spring, Maryland.
Back to top
National Catholic Development Conference, Inc.
734 15th St NW - Suite 700
Washington, DC 20005-1013
Toll Free: 888-879-6232